Participants must be 18 years or over to attend. Proof of date of birth or permission to attend may be requested.
The Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry, or remove and disqualify a participant from the Event at their sole discretion at any time for any reason. The Organisers reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Event at any time for any reason.
To take part in the Event you must register at http://beefhackathon.com 10:00am on the 20th March 2015.
The number of participants is limited and the Organisers may close registration at any time.
Participants are responsible for all costs associated with their attendance at the Event including but not limited to transport and accommodation.
All intellectual property rights in the ideas and applications of a participant shall remain vested in the participant who owns them. Any third party intellectual property rights shall remain vested in the third party or third parties who own them. Third party intellectual property rights must be clearly identified by the participants as well as the applicable terms of licence and other details relating to use of same. Participants agree that they will not infringe the copyright, design, database right or trade mark or any other intellectual property right of any third party.
By registering for and participating in the Event participants:
· agree to abide by these terms and conditions
· agree not to hold the Organisers liable for any loss or damages of any kind in connection with the Event or prizes.
· agree that the decision of the judges selected by the Organisers is final in relation to any prizes that may be awarded.
· agree that their name, image, likeness, photographs, video and description of their applications may be used by the Organisers on their websites, in promotional material and in any publicity accompanying or resulting from the Event including but not limited to any press, blogs or articles on social media
· agree that their participation in the Event will not breach any duty of confidentiality or contractual rights owed to any third party
· allow the Organisers and other participants to publish and share details and screenshots / demonstration videos of their solutions on the web and other media.
· The Organisers reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
A Hackathon is an opportunity to learn something new, experiment and be creative. We will be offering significant prizes to recognise this creativity and help realise the potential of great ideas. Running over a compressed timeframe the challenge will be to create clarity around great ideas and build a prototype that demonstrates the viability of the proposition.
Teams should consider the following three criteria as they take their idea from pitch to prototype.
Teams should clearly articulate the opportunity and communicate an understanding of the end user and the market.
The prototype should convey the intended purpose of the hardware, featuring the functionality most important to validate the idea and communicate the intent.
The viability of the idea must be established and should consider factors such as market size, access and product cost.